For our Client, one of the largest chemical companies operating in CEE, we are looking for the position of Purchasing Director. He will be accountable for redesigning, leading and coordinating the Procurement (Sourcing and Buying) organization. As a member of the key management team he/she will be driving change in order to deliver a world class purchasing function with the vision to be a leader in optimizing value for our customers, through excellence in quality, people, strategy and execution.
- Manage and develop the Procurement Organization and drive continuous improvement of operations
- Lead and direct the proactive management and understanding of industry best practices and technology trends, lead benchmarking efforts and provide insight to executive levels
- Implement flexible supply network strategies to support Company requirements. Evaluate, recommend and champion best-in-class tools/programs to perform purchasing function
- Control the company’s procurement budget
- Set ethical standards which are communicated as guidelines for the procurement process
- Develop and maintain comprehensive policy and procedures for all purchasing functions
- Must have business transformation experience in large, ideally post-state owned firm.
- Minimum of 15 years professional work experience with ten (10) years purchasing work experience in global/regional manufacturing companies with increasing responsibilities in a multi-site, multi-product, company is required
- Strong understand of database management systems and data analytics processes and tools
- Experience in rationalizing supply chain, materials management, and manufacturing operations across multiple sites including the integration of acquired organizations
- Proven track record of leading supplier performance management improvement initiatives.
- Ability to build strong relationships with our preferred strategic suppliers ensuring proper supplier business reviews are conducted.
- Fully fluent in Polish and English